Tuesday 22 November 2011

Proposal.

PROPOSAL.

·      Who you are aiming your magazine at specifically? (there needs to be a clear sense that you are targeting a specific audience)
-A young audience aged between 16 – 20 years old. The reason I have chose a young audience is because of what I would place in the magazine.


·      What will your magazine be about? (what might the typical content be?)
-It would show the latest things about college, student stories and some fashions. It’s typical content would be anything that would appeal to young students.  For example; information about university, jobs, agony aunt pages and also the latest about celebrities to give a sense of entertainment.

·      What are your ideas for cover lines?
-My ideas for cover lines are:
1.   -I’VE GOT A DEGREE BUT THEY DON’T SEE.
2.   -HOW I FOUND MYSELF IN COLLEGE (STUDENT     STORY)
3.   -101 LATEST FASHION MUST HAVES.
4.   -IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR YOUNG STUDENTS GETTING A JOB?

·      What title have you decided on and why? (you could also include examples of titles you have rejected and explain why)
I have decided on “HOW I FOUND MYSELF IN COLLEGE (STUDENT STORY)” because it would be entertaining to read in a magazine, as it would be like a true life story, but at the same time it would be educational because it would include morals and lessons within the story, that would create a good impact on the young readers.
I rejected “101 LATEST FASHION MUST HAVES” because it felt as though that would be aimed more towards the female audience, and I want both female and male to read the magazine and be able to relate to it.

·      What fonts do you want to use? (you could include examples and if you have got as far as thinking of ideas for the design of the masthead you could include these too)
-For the Mast Head and the Tag Line I am going to use “handfont” because I like the way it looks like handwriting.
-On the contents page I am going to use the same font.

·      What are your ideas for taglines (if you want to use one)?
-For all students who have a dream.
-For all students that will push through.
-To be something.

·      When in the year will it be published? (cover can reflect seasonal changes or events, consider the academic year)
-It will be published just after the summer break, because the magazine will include new things, and things that have changed around the college by the time the students have returned from the summer.

·      What kind of image do you expect to put on the front cover and how will you go about getting this image?
-The kind of image I want is of a group of students in the café at college. I want a naturel photo. I would ask a group of people if I could take a photo of them.

·      How frequently would it be published?
-It would be a monthly magazine.

·      What are the dimensions of the cover (magazines are now available in different size formats)?

·      What images/colour would you use on the contents page?
-I would want to match the contents page to how I would want the rest of the magazine to flow.


No comments:

Post a Comment